UMFA is hiring a full-time, permanent administrative assistant (Financial)
UMFA is a labour union and the certified bargaining agent for 1300 academic staff at the University of Manitoba. We are hiring a full-time, permanent Administrative Assistant whose primary responsibility will be assisting in the administration of the Association’s financial affairs.
Reporting to UMFA’s Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant (Financial) is responsible for maintaining the Association’s financial records, preparing payroll, and along with other UMFA administrative staff, assisting with the general administration of the UMFA office. Your specific duties will include:
- Using QuickBooks to record transactions and monitor the annual budget
- Receiving, verifying, and paying invoices
- Preparing payroll for six staff
- Monitoring and ordering supplies
- Liaising with vendors and service providers, including staff-benefits providers; and
- Other duties as assigned
A full job description is available here.
This position requires the utmost professionalism and ability to work with confidential information.
This is a full-time probationary position that will begin in June. There will be a sixty (60) day probationary period, including a mid-probation review by the Executive Director. Some on-the-job training will be provided to ensure the successful candidate excels in their work.
Starting salary will be commensurate with experience, within the range of $45,000 to $75,000 per annum, along with health and other benefits, including:
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Some professional services, including chiropractic, physiotherapy, and massage therapy
- a Defined-Contribution (DC) pension plan, with contributions coming from both the employee and employer
- Life insurance
- Short term and long term disability insurance
UMFA is committed to the principles of employment equity in hiring and in all of its employment practices, and seeks to diversify its workforce. Indigenous People, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQ2S, racialized people, and women are encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated confidentially. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.